Tuesday, August 10, 2010

We'll be home in two days but this is my last day with internet connection so this will be the last blog before I'm home again. We have taken two great tours, visited Rome twice, explored several little towns and then decided to spend a couple days at an organic farm in the Umbria region. We found this old restored monastary on a huge place with hiking trails, livestock and a fantastic restaurant. Of course since we booked two days before we got here, the only room left was the small attic room at the top - what I like to call the "bad monk's" room. Still, the beds were pretty soft and we had our own bathroom. What more could we ask for?

The monks may have lived simply but they had a great view - and lots of grapes...hmmmm.....

We'll be getting pigs just as soon as we get home - here Ian is practicing his pig handling skills.

Ian took this picture of me with this very friendly donkey - at least until he started trying to eat the button on my shorts. um ... the donkey, that is.

We explored the town of Gubbio - the most medieval town in Italy. I don't know what that means exactly but there was lots of old stuff everywhere. I know,... I know... the history buffs are groaning in agony right now - it's the whole throwing pearls at the feet of swine thing. Well... all I have to say is "oink, oink".
Now here is something anyone can appreciate - the view from my evening walk. Unreal.
See you all soon! We'll be jetting back Friday morning - can't wait to get back to the farm!



No comments:

Post a Comment